Cover an above ground swimming pool from three different types. Choose from winter covers, solar blankets, and leaf nets.
It is generally a tarp, with grommets on each corner. It uses cable and winch to assemble and protects the swimming pool from elements (debris, production of algae, losing chemicals). To install:
- Winterize the swimming pool.
- Put the pool cover on top of the swimming pool. Ask for help.
- Tie down the winter pool cover with cable on loops and grommets. Tighten up with a winch.
- When the pool cover is secured at the top of the swimming pool, tightly wrap around the side of an above ground swimming pool to avoid it from flapping.
It can heat the above ground swimming pool at daytime and secure that heat overnight. To install:
- Purchase an above ground solar blanket swimming pool cover. It comes in a roll.
- Have a spot check of the cover. It should not have any holes or rip. It should not also tear apart.
- Place the solar blanket on top of the above ground swimming pool. The flat side on top and the bubble side facing the pool water down.
- Pull down the solar blanket across the top of the above ground swimming pool to fit and secure it. Ask for help.
- Cut the solar blanket prior to the diameter measurement of the above ground swimming pool. Tuck tightly the edges of the sheet under the ring of the above ground swimming pool. It is to assure that the solar blanket is flat and fit above the swimming pool and eliminate it from flapping caused by wind.
The above ground leaf net covers are durable and made from polyethylene material. They can keep the swimming pool cover clean in such a way that it traps leaves and other debris from falling directly on top of the pool cover. Its fine mesh do all these. However, be reminded to remove it when cold strikes.
- Place the leaf net above/at the top of the winter swimming pool cover.
- Make it flat-fit on the entire winter pool cover.
- It must be 12 inches below the water line as a standard size. If not, do not stretch it to fit. Purchase a larger one.
Hug the side wall of the above ground swimming pool and leave it on top.
Cable tie the leaf net around the above ground swimming pool. Use thread cable on loops. Tighten it up with ratchet.
To simplify this, how the leaf net works:
Place it on top of the above ground winter pool cover before leaves fell from the trees. It is the answer for a very tiresome removal of mess above the winter pool cover.
Whatever type of the above ground swimming pool cover, always remember to install it with the best of care as possible because any wrong move may damage the cover and the swimming pool as well.
Making use of a swimming pool cover is essential to maintain the pool in good shape, and to use it in the long run further. It is a swimming pool accessory that protects the swimming pool from dirt and debris. These factors can contribute to the clogging of the pool filters, so a pool cover is very much helpful in this case. Moreover, a pool cover can help safety children from drowning and maintains pool water heat likewise with the right ph balance of the pool water. It is also what primary needs to winterize the swimming pool in winter months.
There are a variety of pool cover types, depending on the kind and size of the swimming pool, as well as what the swimming pool needs. So because of this, their cost differs from each other, as they provide specializations of their own and possesses quality indeed.
A bubble cover is a solar swimming pool cover type. Bubble blankets, bubble covers, and solar blankets are some of the known names for this kind of protection. It called so because of this distinctive feature from the other pool covers.– The thermal bubbles. It resembles a bubble matt packaging material. It is economical when pertains to heating the pool water. Since it is translucent, sunlight can penetrate the pool water to give warm and keep the warmth secure as well. It costs $150-$700 on homeowners pools.
Thermal Swimming Pool Cover
This type of pool cover works better in keeping the heat of a heated swimming pool but requires more budget compared with the mentioned bubble cover. Thermal pool blanket is another term for it, made from materials like foam. It as well keeps the pool warm, reduces evaporation, and insulates the water the same way. Its distinctive feature from a bubble cover is that it cannot absorb natural heat. It is only best on keeping the warmth of a heated pool, but to gain heat requires a heat pump. It also has a beautiful look and costs about $900-$1,700.
Slat and Rigid Swimming Pool Cover
It claims to be the best out of all the other swimming pool cover types because of its superb insulation of the pool water, as well as reduces debris on pools. It commonly lasts longer than the other pool covers. It is automatic and considered the most expensive pool cover type, which ranges from $3,900-$12,000. Its installation should perform by professionals perse. It has tracks on the side for the opening and closing of the pool. For kidney-shaped and free formed pools, it is possible to use but needs rails to do so. It is best on swimming pools with straight sides.
Safety Net Swimming Pool Cover
It is merely a net, made up of chemical resistant material fitted on top of the swimming pool, thus secures safety. It is still possible to put another pool cover underneath the net safety cover. It can be either a solar cover or the thermal one. A safety net pool cover is the answer to the increasing number of accidental drowning in town. It usually costs $1,450-$4,300.[Top]
Solar pool covers are swimming pool covers that are best in keeping the heat of pool water, especially for those days that the temperature is low. They can also be called solar blankets. From the word itself, solar means that the heat energy involved is natural; came from the sun. It is the sun’s heat being used to heat the pool water.
In so doing, solar pool covers can be a breakthrough in the never-ending financial problem. Using a solar pool cover can save money in heating the swimming pool, which allows pool lovers to enjoy swimming as long as preferable. In addition to this, solar covers also help in the extension of the effectivity of the swimming pool chemicals. Another cost beneficial offering solar blankets can provide.
To understand more, solar pool covers if to describe the look, is more likely of a full blanket of bubble wrap. These are plastic sheets with one side smooth, and the other is full of air bubbles. The bubbly bottom is the one facing the pool water to trap heat effectively. The soft side is the one facing the sun to receive and absorb sufficient heat. For best result, use the solar pool cover as often as possible. Even if the pool is busy, manage to place the solar sheet every other swim. To maximize the contained heat and also to reduce the evaporation process. Evaporation is the primary reason for heat loss; when water and air meets.
There can be an easy way to conveniently put up and take off the solar pool cover to maximize its usage. That is, by making use of a metal reel. Attach it on one end of the swimming pool. Roll over the solar pool cover if wish to use and close the pool. Likewise, roll back the metal reel if planning to use the swimming pool and take the blanket off. Solar pool covers do not need any attachments on sides of the swimming pool deck. They work by just letting them float on the surface of the swimming pool.
Furthermore, regarding the work of solar pool covers, other than keeping the heat, they also keep the water. The best way to keep the pool water warm is to keep the water. It is not by using any swimming pool heat pumps, or by adjusting the temperature of it to the highest degree. The bubbles of the solar blanket underneath the pool water work like a magnifying glass. It spreads the warmed of the sunlight– same as the magnifying glass that expands any image. Alternatively, recall a science experiment that involves a magnifying glass, sun’s rays, and a sheet of paper. What happened there? That is the picture of how solar blankets work.
Solar pool covers come in a wide variety of sizes, material component, thickness, and colors. The effectivity depends on the options stated. You may also be interested about blue wave winter cover seal for above ground pool. So choose the right one that best fits your needs, your choice, and your style.[Top]
Free yourself from expenses that we may consider unnecessary. Why do you have to pay for someone to install your swimming pool cover if you can do it all by yourself? Remember that the swimming pool is yours. No one is capable enough to maintain it except you. Likewise, only you have all the rights to experience the fruits of your labor.
In doing so, prepare all the necessary materials for use. You will need a massive drill with a ¾ inch of size Masonry bit, a tape measure for the measurements, a heavy hammer, and a chalk line or chalk alone for the markings. These are requirements on both rectangular and free-form swimming pool.
To purchase a swimming pool cover is the very first thing you need to do on whatever type of swimming pool you may have.
Rectangular Swimming Pool
1 Measure the length and width of the swimming pool cover you purchase. Start from one corner to another.
2. Measure the length and with of your swimming pool.
3. Divide the difference in the measurement of the swimming pool cover and the swimming pool in half. After seeing the result, start to measure from the swimming pool edge. Mark the deck with chalk the ends of the two distances.
4. Snap a chalk line on four chalk marks of the length and the width measurements. Add 30 inches for each.
5. On the first corner, find the intersection of the chalk line. From this point, measure about 16 inches on the ends of both lines. Make a chalk mark for this. Do the same process for the rest of the corners.
6. Drill all four corners (16 inches away from the intersection). It is now ready to attach the springs. Spread the straps on all the edges to centralize the swimming pool cover.
7. Measure the distance of the anchors from one another. Make a chalk mark. Drill holes on the ends and sides to be used for the remaining straps.
Free-form Swimming Pool
The measurement method is not applicable for this type of swimming pool. Instead, the centering process is what needs to do to know the locations of the anchors, springs, and straps.
1. Let the pool cover floats on pool water to overlap the pool edges equally. Place the springs on the straps. Put the springs on the cover.
2. Work on the inside strap to the outside strap. Drill 2 holes on the ends of the pool about 4-8 inches behind the location of the strap and put 2 springs on each. Adjust the straps with equal tension and overlap.
3. Drill two holes and attach the anchors on both sides of the pool. Assemble the anchors and springs. Drill 2 more anchors at each end of the swimming pool.
What needs to make sure in the installation of a pool cover with free form swimming pool shape is that the swimming pool cover is centralized, with equal spring tension, and the panel seams run smoothly in any direction.[Top]