Free yourself from expenses that we may consider unnecessary. Why do you have to pay for someone to install your swimming pool cover if you can do it all by yourself? Remember that the swimming pool is yours. No one is capable enough to maintain it except you. Likewise, only you have all the rights to experience the fruits of your labor.
In doing so, prepare all the necessary materials for use. You will need a massive drill with a ¾ inch of size Masonry bit, a tape measure for the measurements, a heavy hammer, and a chalk line or chalk alone for the markings. These are requirements on both rectangular and free-form swimming pool.
To purchase a swimming pool cover is the very first thing you need to do on whatever type of swimming pool you may have.
Rectangular Swimming Pool
1 Measure the length and width of the swimming pool cover you purchase. Start from one corner to another.
2. Measure the length and with of your swimming pool.
3. Divide the difference in the measurement of the swimming pool cover and the swimming pool in half. After seeing the result, start to measure from the swimming pool edge. Mark the deck with chalk the ends of the two distances.
4. Snap a chalk line on four chalk marks of the length and the width measurements. Add 30 inches for each.
5. On the first corner, find the intersection of the chalk line. From this point, measure about 16 inches on the ends of both lines. Make a chalk mark for this. Do the same process for the rest of the corners.
6. Drill all four corners (16 inches away from the intersection). It is now ready to attach the springs. Spread the straps on all the edges to centralize the swimming pool cover.
7. Measure the distance of the anchors from one another. Make a chalk mark. Drill holes on the ends and sides to be used for the remaining straps.
Free-form Swimming Pool
The measurement method is not applicable for this type of swimming pool. Instead, the centering process is what needs to do to know the locations of the anchors, springs, and straps.
1. Let the pool cover floats on pool water to overlap the pool edges equally. Place the springs on the straps. Put the springs on the cover.
2. Work on the inside strap to the outside strap. Drill 2 holes on the ends of the pool about 4-8 inches behind the location of the strap and put 2 springs on each. Adjust the straps with equal tension and overlap.
3. Drill two holes and attach the anchors on both sides of the pool. Assemble the anchors and springs. Drill 2 more anchors at each end of the swimming pool.
What needs to make sure in the installation of a pool cover with free form swimming pool shape is that the swimming pool cover is centralized, with equal spring tension, and the panel seams run smoothly in any direction.